Friday, December 14, 2007

House update - Part I

The day my bedroom was painted (Thurs, 6th Dec) by master painter, Saied.
Top L - R : Sleeping area, TV area, wardrobe area, study/dressing area.
The days of the hacking away of an indoor pond which we did not want (Fri, 7th Dec) - 4 days of misery/dust/noise.

Cheerful workmen having their twice daily coffee and snacks.
The day my children made me breakfast in bed on our first night in our new home (Sat, 8th Dec).
The day Mark had a snack on the floor of back garden (Sat, 8th Dec).
The day the children and I sat at the back of a truck with some of our belongings (Sun, 9th Dec). (Note: Hazel still in pyjamas).
The day I had a near nervous breakdown over the piano move (Mon, 10th Dec). A HUGE THANK YOU to Paul Morley of Morley Movers for doing such a magnificent job.

The piano survived the move without a scratch, being hoisted by a crane, and making the harrowing journey in the storm of Monday.
The day Hazel and Eliza had a semi picnic in the back garden (Mon, 10th Dec).
The day we had our first dinner in our new home (Mon, 10th Dec).
Putting the table back together again.
Couldn't find a tablecloth so an old sheet would have to do. We had a simply put together meal of steamed free range chicken, meat stewed with beancurd stick, mushrooms and bamboo pith. Wm made a 'prosperous' soup consisting of meat, dried oysters, mushrooms, moss, carrots and lotus room and we also had some beans and watermelon which somehow I missed.....
But first the champagne.
A simple meal of fried fish and beans with olive oil and garlic cooked in the microwave.
Curious about the after pics? Here is a sneak peak of my TV area in my room.
Mark channel surfing and falling asleep 5 mins later.
And Hazel making herself very very comfortable in my bed.
More to come....

No comments: