Thursday, November 15, 2007

Weds, 14th Nov 2007

My goodness! What has Supa Save's meat supplier done to their ribeyes? The pieces I bought yesterday were incredibly tender, beautifully marbled and rightly aged. (SS, if you are reading this - I've bought your meats on countless occasions - and your butchers can verify this - but sometimes, I've had some really tough ones and I cook them using the same pan, same heat all the time). This time, they were perfect.

Wow, look at the gorgeous doneness. I usually flavour steaks with just salt, black pepper and olive oil. This time, just before the end of cooking, I added a little minced garlic, and after cooking a little dollop of parsley butter. It was magnificent. I was taking so many pictures, that you can see that the butter has melted away, that bright yellow droplet on the left is Coleman's English Mustard - a must have with steaks (my children call it gunpowder mustard).

Hungry yet? Don't forget the cryingly-hot English mustard.
Look at the lovely lightly pink meat juices. My first and last rule of cooking - taste, taste, taste and more taste - oh wait a minute, that's more than 2 rules!

Doesn't this post sound a lot like me than the raging woman a post ago? Amazing what a good night's sleep can do. (Butyouarestillanidiotandnoweveryoneknowssothere!)

5 comments:

Foodie Tales said...

You know there is only ONE idiot in the fringes of my life, yeah THAT one. haha. luv,ee

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks eye-wateringly good! You always always manage to get me hungry...hehe! I've just made your chicken and mushroom in cream sauce, ready for dinner tonight and had a little spoonful to try and it's delicious. The family's gonna love it. Last week I tried out your cheesy tuna on toast (believe it or not, I've never tried making it your way) and it was a hit. Thanks again as always for being so generous in sharing your recipes - they're always very inspiring. I haven't gotten round to trying out your beef stew yet as we're laying off beef for a while after all the excesses during the festive period. Maybe in a few weeks time :)

Foodie Tales said...

Hi Lina - thanks! Did the family like the pasta with cream sauce? Isn't it rich and tasty? That's my kids favourite too and they have it all the time. I'm glad to hear that my recipes work. I've been quite busy lately and will be more busy in the coming weeks so have not been cooking anything 'special'. I want to attempt a salmon dip and Ceasar Salad with homemade dressing soon so look out for them. Hope all going well with you. Luv,E.

Senor Pablo said...

E.. I would love u to cook me the steak..hahaa. Looks damn good! Take care and be strong!

Foodie Tales said...

Hello Pablo,that's very possible. And Thank You. E.