Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sat, 24th Nov 2007

Dinner tonight.
Roast chicken
with honey mustard sauce
Today:
4.20 am - Woken by an sms from RBA promoting their special fares - THANK YOU very much for the wake up call on a SATURDAY!
4.35 am - Back to sleep after some colourful language
5.30 am - Awake - internet; read news and blogs
6.00 am - Radio on
7.00 am - Shower
7.00 am to noon - PACKING - mainly my smaller pieces of furniture/lamps/pictures which I've wrapped in old sheets, curtains or plastic, and more breakables
12.30 am to 2.00 pm - Porridge and rest
2.30 pm to 6.00 pm - Taping, packing, stuffing, labelling, lifting, sorting, throwing, stopping to smile at old photos, and all over again
6.00 pm to 8.00 pm - Cook, serve, wine and a long phone call
8.30 pm - Exhausted and blogging
10.00 pm - Snoozy land
Back to food - Here is the chicken marinating in light soy, grainy mustard, honey diluted with water, rosemary, parsley, salt & black pepper and olive oil.
The after. Tasty - tad too sweet for my liking but kids liked it. So I'm happy with that.
I made some roasted sliced potatoes with carrots to go with the honey mustard roast chicken.
It's all very easy - peel and slice potatoes & carrots, arrange in baking dish, flavour with salt, rosemary, parsley, olive oil & butter. And roast till crispy and tender.
p.s. Blogging on a Saturday night at 9 pm - cardinal sin for some - do I care, not.
And the boxes continue to multiply...... 2 weeks more, just 2 weeks more....

5 comments:

Katie-Ella said...

I love the way you've done your carrots and potatoes! I'm going to do that the next time I cook a roast dinner.

Anonymous said...

Hi E, I hope you're moving house and not leaving the country???

Good luck for the rest of your packing :) XX

Indonesia Eats said...

Hi there, I just do blogwalking randomly. I saw a box of Indomie :)

Your dinner pictures look good

Foodie Tales said...

Hello KE - yet another simple dish to prepare, takes about the same time to cook as the chicken so dinner is on the table in no time.

Hi Lina - no, just moving house; nothing as dramatic as leaving the country! hehe and thank you - I can't believe how much things I have accumulated over the years; have already donated, given, discarded so much but look at the boxes - it's scary. E.

Foodie Tales said...

Hello and welcome, Andaliman - did the Indomie remind you of home? It is hugely popular in Brunei too. E.