Friday, October 10, 2008

Fri, 10th Oct 2008

I had a long lunch at Z's today. Her mum's famous Mee Siam, rojak, deep fried chicken wings, and fried satay. I had several helpings of everything. This really made up for last week when I pretended not to be hungry in an attempt to be 'polite' and I must confess my baju was pretty tight too :-)

The real Singapore Mee Siam with prawn sambal, chives, egg, fried tofu, lime and the most tasty sweet/sourish gravy to pour over.
Crunchy, juicy wings freshly fried and piping HOT. I risked getting blisters on my fingers and in my mouth, threw all caution to the wind and ate several in quick succession.

After several meesiams and chicken wings, more freshly fried ones emerged from the kitchen......
After lunch, it was cakes, cookies and tea.
Thank you Z & mummie for lunch (and the laughs)!!

Hazel with All Black.

No comments: