Monday, June 9, 2008

Say NO to plastic bags

Due to a nasty allergic reaction early Monday morning to something I must have had the night before, I was off work today - took a quick spin to the Mall for some groceries and see, not a single plastic bag in sight for a trolley load of cereals, milk, vegetables, fruits, Milo, etc; also bought the finales of Ugly Betty/Grey's Anatomy, A and Jeeds, take note :-) and a dress.

It's quite nice to challenge myself NOT to use plastic bags at all during each visit to the supermarket.

4 comments:

Senor Pablo said...

Good on u E. I'm doing the same too.

Foodie Tales said...

Pablo - yeah for you! Anyone else? E.

Anonymous said...

I got myself some grocery shopping bags and used it instead of the plastics... better yet, whenever u travel get a few from carrefour - costs less than a dollar brunei each i think - their bags are really good and they have a lifetime warranty (as in if the one u bought becomes rosak u can just exchange to new ones at no cost). All the best.... :)

Foodie Tales said...

Hi Anon - I'm glad to hear that so many of us are doing this now. E.