Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mark is 14

Celebrated Mark's birthday a little earlier this year on 31st May. I had 14 teenagers and 2 under 10s in the house, with guitars and amps.

I bought the food, marinated the meats, made the salads, organised the serving ware, organised a Lucky Draw, built the fire, cooked the food, kept a sharp eye on the fridge; any wonder whyI was exhausted at the end of the evening? I don't have any pics of the cooked food or the table as I was too busy in the kitchen/garden.

Menu was: Sirloin steaks, chicke wings, chicken drumsticks, beef garlic sausages, ribs, kebabs, fried noodles, green salad & potato salad.
PT, Wm and I sat in the garden; and for dessert, I cooked some bananas with Cointreau over the fire; sprinkled some cinnamon on top and served it with some ice-cream - we were practically licking the plates - it was absolutely delicious.

Mark and his friend made us some fancy pretty potent cocktails (a secret recipe which they refuse to disclose).

2 comments:

Katie-Ella said...

the kids look so wholesome! Maybe I'm just used to the South London gangsta teens...Happy Birthday Mark!

Foodie Tales said...

Hello KE - that's an interesting observation! Many thanks for your wishes.E.