Friday, November 9, 2007

Thurs, 8th Nov 2007

A fun evening, which started off with the Bee Movie at Mvision Cinemas (Hello Kat!) at the Empire Hotel. Here's Hazel in bee themed clothes, yellow t-shirt & dark pants with her antennas. On the way out, we bumped into 2 friends, hello you and hello you.

After the movie (which was great - Renee's character was gorgeous and I loved her clothes), we popped over to Spaghettini's for dinner, amazing food again.

We started with a platter of hot freshly baked bread with sesame, tomato concasse and parmigiana reggiano.

from this gigantic wheel. I could so do with a chunk for my Caesar Salad.

My starter which consisted of an array of 2 types of beef and a salmon carpaccio.... beautifully garnished.

My Mains which consisted of my FAVOURITE duck & mushrooms risotto and a small piece of tenderloin with panfried chicken liver and sauteed spinach. When you are as undecisive as I was last night and you have a great chef taking your order, this is what you are surprised with! Thank you, Chef Frianto.

Mark had a meat lasagna and

Hazel had spaghetti carbonara, which was yummy, it was so creamy and crammed full of taste, generously adorned with beef bacon and lovely chunky mushrooms. It didn't need anything else, not salt, not pepper or even a sprinkling of cheese. It was absolutely perfect on its own.

And after dinner the fun started:
And then they got better at it:
And finally, like a pro:
And Mark's turn - I guess playing basketball does pay off:
Food for the 3 of us, with drinks - Price: $96.25
The fun they had being taught how to roll and flip pizzas - Priceless (sorry, had to borrow that line)!
A great night. Thank you Paolo at Empire Hotel for letting my kids practice flipping - guess what I have to buy today? Yes, yeast to make dough!

No comments: