Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sun, 25th Nov 2007

Spent all day at the Empire again at their monthly Sunday Splash - did nothing except made notes in my notebook (I still use the paper and pencil method), starring into space intermittently, and keeping an eye out for the kids AND drinking a latte (a rare occasion - I drink coffee, let's see, maybe once or twice a year)?
And just before we left, I had an urge for something spicy, salty and totally BAD - so here it is - Mamee Tom Yam noodles with fish cake, crabstick, chicken sausage (Oh I am SO disgusted with myself), fishcake, beans and egg - with extra chillies. If you're thinking, oh that's too much soup for a packet of noodles - "no flavour" - don't fret - I added a huge tablespoon of tomyam paste in addition to the packet of MSG packed flavouring sachet.
Sigh - sometimes I just hate myself for succumbing to such rubbishy 'food' but I'm not alone here, am I? Thank goodness for Senna tea which I buy in its purest form from a HK pharmacy.
p.s And a little tablet of this wouldn't go amiss either...
And why are they making nasi lemak on AFC right now? Why?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Foody Tales... like your blog and that pic certainly made my mouth water. Great blog!

Foodie Tales said...

Hi - thank you, werkzfine, for your kind comment. E.

Anonymous said...

Foody Tales... a mutual friend directed me to your site. Mr AnakBrunei i.e. I really like your blog. There is another site I go to (chow times) which is more local to me.

My my Mark has grown! I'm sure Mr AnakBrunei will tell you who I am.