Saturday, April 28, 2007

Thurs, 26th Apr 2007

After work, I made some roast sirloin of beef (quite rare) with a herby peppery crust, roast potatoes, grilled lady's fingers with onions, roasted mushrooms and a pepper cream gravy for dinner tonight. I really enjoyed cooking this to take my mind off several issues churning away. The bottle of red was very nice too with the meat. I had lots of hot English mustard.


Here it is - the beef was beautifully tender, almost didn't need a steak knife to cut through them.



Here it is again with some gravy and caramelised onion slices and bits of the herby crust on top.


View from the top. These slices were cut from the middle of the roast so they were pretty rare, but the slices from the ends were medium done which suited Wm just fine.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe I misinterpreted your text for dinner. *kick myself in backside* urgh!!

Anonymous said...

Hi...can i get the recipe for the roasted mushroom n potatoes n grilled vegetables? My lil girl loves that dish. Thanks!