Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Caesar Salad

Home made Caesar Salad.

We have some lovely salmon from Canada (thanks to my sister, JS) and last Sunday Wm decided a Caesar Salad was in order. No fuss at all - just a bottle of dressing from Waitrose; some hydrophonic Cos, some homemade croutons (which I made with cubed wholemeal bread lightly tossed in extra virgin olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic), chopped onions, black pepper, a drizzle of lemon juice and some shavings of parmigiano reggiano. And oh yes, some lovely roasted garlic and anchovies.
LOVELY!
With some white wine from NZ.
p.s I wonder how all the other bloggers are - have not seen my favourite people for ages. High time for a get-together.

4 comments:

Reedz said...

The "other bloggers" are in full agreement that its high-time for a gathering... :D

Foodie Tales said...

Agree, agree, Reeds. You guys will receive an email from me as soon as the kiddies' exams are over - I'll cook and you all turn up. How about Grax Lax as a starter and a meaty main course? E.

Kalyan Karmakar said...

there is nothing like doog smoked salmon. I am sure the salad would have tasted great.

Foodie Tales said...

Hi knife - thanks, it was pretty good for a home attempt; with sauce out of a bottle. E.