Sunday, May 25, 2008

Squid Ink Pasta with Seafood Tomato Sauce

Last night I cooked a seafood sauce (recipe is somewhere on this blog :-)) with squid ink pasta.
The kids were slightly alarmed by the black inky pasta but it was good - managed to get the doneness perfect so it was firm, and not hard; and with the addition of some chilli infused olive oil drizzled over lovely sauce, the pasta was silky smooth and delicious. There were empty plates all around.
I used prawns, squid and some tinned sockeye salmon (skin/bones removed).

Here is the pasta boiling away (approx 11 mins for perfect doneness for this brand/type - wm bought the pasta from HK).
And the tomato sauce before I added the seafood (prawns/squid were flash fried with garlic/salt & black pepper to remove excess water). I threw all the liquid from the pan as well as the liquid from the tin salmon into the tomato sauce. I'm using my trusty inherited 20 year old wok.
The children had pakchoy soup with real strained chicken stock with dried scallops and red dates; and fillet of pork fried with onions, garlic & shallots with dark soya sauce over steaming plates of rice. This is Hazel's soup and the vegetables which were boiled whole have been snipped for easier eating for her.

2 comments:

Senor Pablo said...

Wow. Yummy...This looks good! I can't wait to taste it! hahahahahah

Foodie Tales said...

Hi Pablo - this will be my contribution next gathering upon your return. ATB.E.