Thursday, February 21, 2008

Day 4

Hello kiddies-oh, missing mummy? I'm missing my babies, and as nice as the hotel is and as comfy as the bed is, I still miss my old bed with my old beddings. Anyhows, food first again, I had fruit again for breakfast; and as there was no time for lunch, I had coffee (yes, I had coffee), and a handful of nuts and half a stale danish at around 2 pm.

It was an extremely hectic day yesterday, with hardly a moment to sit down. Saw a very famous figure too. And later, Mr Ranoadidas turned up.
Before I knew it, it was 5 pm and time to go home - aaahhhhh........ Yesterday's gift from the hotel was a box of assorted cookies. (And today's was kueh lapis) - so far since I arrived, I've received a bear, chocs and fruit on the first day, wine on second day, tangerines something on third day, cookies on fourth day, kueh lapis on fifth day - I wonder what tomorrow will bring.
After a quick shower, I sped upstairs for a glass of Taittinger before I met with C for a Singaporean dinner.
I had my favourite Singapore laksa, from the same place where I had it last month at Takashimaya food court. We also had some chicken wings which wasn't very good.
After dinner, we went to organise some stuff, and as we were at Wisma Atria, she showed me a very nice food court which I had not know about; Food Republic. I bought some chicken wings to take home. They were super delicious.

I had them in my room, the chilli lime garlic sauce stank up the place; fortunately I had brought my electric oil burner and I ran some shampoo in very hot water in the sink and that kind of masked the smell, and the bathroom has an excellent exhaust system which dries out wet bathtubs and sinks and damp clothes overnight so that removed the smell pretty quickly too.

Day 5 (today) - oh my god!!!!!!! I had Hokkien Fried Noodles and chicken wings again for dinner - I must go to bed now so more tomorrow. I have to pack my bag and uniform (see just like what you do too), and massage my face before bed.
Be good, my kiddies and only a few more days to go....... Love from Mumsiexxxxxxxx
p.s Mark, now it's your chance to nag who know who who's not feeling well to drink her sweet tea and ginseng tea! hehe

2 comments:

Senor Pablo said...

I'm such a 'GUNDU'! I didn't realise your Singapore trip till I saw your lovely photo at Rano's. hahaaa.. More shopping! E! Good cookbooks here in Down under and going for a song! Managed to get some for Bunny and will look out for exotic ones for you..hahahaa.
I'm back to cooking again! Still need your inspiration, E! Please keep me sane here! hahahaa

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Foodie Tales said...

Hello Senor Pablo - don't panic, I will be home soon and I will start cooking again (I'm physically and mentally exhausted by the way) - cook some salmon (lemon butter)or pasta with chilli and garlic in the meantime, easy and effortless. Shopping is brill here but EXPENSIVE!!!! But being the bargain hunter I am, I managed to get some good items today. Best regards, E.