Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weds, 19th Nov 2008

I bought 2 pieces of 'snow cod' from Sno Food, a sister company of the ever popular Excapade Sushi in Gadong this afternoon. Mark loves the crispy blackpepper cod served there so I tried to replicate this at home tonight.
The fish was thawed gently, then marinated with salt, black pepper & a few drops olive oil (out of habit), then panfried in a hot wok.
2 fillets weighing 0.305 costs $12.51 @ $41 per kilo.
I also roasted some potatoes with garlic & rosemary in the oven.
After half an hour.
Close up.
And opened a tin of corn kernels to go with the meal.
Hazel helped me to plate the two portions.
Here's her portion while Mark had a bigger one.
Another pic.
I also made a bolognaise sauce and boiled some pasta for tomorrow. On left is Hazel's lunch portion, top middle is the sauce for dinner, while Mark's lunch portion is at the bottom, on right is very al dente spaghetti for dinner - yes, they will eat the same food for both meals tomorrow :-) All ready to be bunged into the microwave just before serving.

Hazel reading Beezer and the Lion Boy at the dinner table.
p.s I am so tired... 9 days to go, NINE.

No comments: