Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Airline/Airport Meals Part 2

How to spend 9 hours in Changi.
As soon as I landed, I thought Singapore will not be Singapore without some laksa so here is a bowl of steaming hot spicy coconut milk with the lovely fat springy meehoon, beansprouts, fried tofu, fish cake, hardboiled egg and sambal.

Then I strolled around the shops, very excited as most of the goodies had their prices slashed for the GSS. Bought guitar hero on DS for Hazel and went for a little sit down here, where I had a spoonful of rice with beef rendang, and a spoonful of melon soup, and a glass of water.
Strolled around the shops again. Popped over to T3..... popped back to T2, walked some more and starting to get tired of loading/unloading my bags on/off trolleys, etc.

Back to T3 for a little break.
Texted a friend and asked if it would be so co-incidental that we would be on the same flight later. No, but stamped out of T3 briefly for a chat and a drink which turned into soupy dumplings and wanton soup at Crystal Jade.

Stamped back into T3, dashed in/out of Mulberry, showered here,

and fresh as a daisy climbed onto the aircraft. What did I THEN had for the next 13 hours? And more aircraft mealsss coming up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can one eat so much in a short time span. I hope you are only taking a spoon from each item!! JS

Katie-Ella said...

Oh, I miss proper laksa soooo much! I can just imagine how it smells, how it tastes....

Foodie Tales said...

haha JS - then I think the next post will alarm you greatly - be warned... hehe ym
Hello KE - I love Spore laksa & Kuching laksa equally... yums. E.

Anonymous said...

I giggled when I read about your bag shopping, I giggled more about this entry. I'm LOL when I read JS comment.....Hahaha :D
Can't wait for next post !
Lynn xox

Foodie Tales said...

Hello Lynn - here it is! hehe E.