Monday, March 10, 2008

Royal Plaza on Scotts

Here are more pics from the buffet meal I had with Rano at the Carousel at Royal Plaza on Scotts in Singapore.

I enjoyed the salmon sashimi, roast chicken and chocolate pudding best of all. The salmon sashimi was incredibly fresh and creamy, the roast chicken silky smooth (I can only guess brining can produce such an effect) and the chocolate (for a not-so-chocolatey person) was rich, real and fabulous with vanilla ice-cream.
Vegetarians - please turn away.

I was verrryyy excited when I saw these cute little Staub mini cocottes. I was actually touching, examining and lifting them up, peeking underneath for a while. I want!

The table setting was very efficient with a cutlery stand for each person; each time you use a fork/spoon, etc from the rack, the wait staff will immediately replace what you used, so you always have a set of fresh cutlery for each time you change course/plate. Nice touch.

Chocolate mountain anybody?


One word of advice before embarking on a buffet of such magnitude, make sure you have only had fruit and water the entire day to do justice to just half of the food - I couldn't even manage anything from the Asian side, let alone all the wonderful desserts and meats.
Thank you again, Rano, for a great meal.

No comments: